Monday, June 1, 2009

400 students and kin abducted by militants, Pakistan police say

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/06/01/pakistan.abductions/index.html

I was going through some articles in CNN and I came across this one. The article was about how the Taliban abducted over 400 students and their relatives on the last day of school at Razmak Cadet College. It caught my eye because I am Pakistani myself, raised and born there. I am responding to the Taliban and their actions. I don't think this is right at all, especially when it is the last day of school for all these children, and a lot of the people who got abducted were our age. Just imagine during finals week, you're looking forward to all of your summer plans, and then you get abducted and might not have a chance to do anything you ever want to do again. It also makes me kind of angry because it gives a bad name towards Muslims which I am myself. Most Muslims are not like this, they are kind hearted, but because of these Muslims, we are perceived as violent human beings. This article uses pathos to the extreme making us feel like we need to appreciate life a lot more, because you never know when your last day is. The article is making Pakistan's military look bad. At the end of the article it says, "The Pakistani military has been conducting a month-long offensive against the Taliban, centered in the Swat region of North West Frontier Province." This is basically saying that Pakistan's military has been there but has not done anything. It gives off the feeling that the someone should do something about this, which I agree with. I hope things will change in the future and peace will be achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment