Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hulu

Hulu created this commercial to attract people who like watching television. The normal person in society uses their computer a lot more than they watch t.v. and Hulu realized that and is trying to attract these people to buy their product. I honestly don't find it effective. I was attracted to the whole concept of watching t.v. on your computer for free.. but that was it. The was they presented it was rather confusing to me. I understand that they tried to use the method where they are trying to tell you everything bad about television yet, that is their product. I think it used to work but nowadays people need reason to buy things, not reasons not to buy it. It was humorous which made it fun to watch but I would not want to be a Hulu customer. If I ever used Hulu it would be to use it and not because of the commercial. Media influenced this in a way that television is bad for you, and now you can watch it on your computer? The amount of t.v. being watched would sky rocket. In class all the other exercises tried to persuade us right in front of us. This commercial used the opposite technique either to attract the audience by the uniqueness or the humor.

2 comments:

  1. This was an interesting way to look at the commercial. You're the first person I've read who didn't find it effective. The first time I watched it, like you I would say it wasn't very effective. After watching it a few times though I thought it was effective..so I guess im up in the air with it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see a post unlike the others. I agree with you that at first the commercial is rather confusing and could lose people.

    ReplyDelete